Boutique baby clothes are standing out from the crowd for various reasons, but the one thing they have in common are high-quality fabrics used for the garments such as luxurious Pima cotton. In this article, we like to shine some light on the quality differences of cotton used in baby clothes and especially what you can expect purchasing high-end boutique baby clothes made from luxurious fabrics like Pima cotton.
Cotton is used often to make baby clothes from as
the properties of cotton are very suitable. However, don’t presume that cotton is just cotton because that is far from the truth.
Which cotton is used to make cheaper baby clothes, and what variety is suitable to manufacture high-end durable boutique baby clothes?
Good question and the differences are significant.
While Upland cotton is used to make cheaper cotton clothing, there are high-quality baby brands who use Pima cotton to make garments, which results in the softest baby clothes you could possibly wish for your babies sensitive skin.
Not only is Top-end cotton much softer than regular cotton, but it is also much more durable than standard cotton as well.
Why is high-quality cotton is a great choice?
Cormursilised cotton gets mostly machine picked. Unfortunately, during the process of harvesting, the fibres get damaged and giving it a yellow hue—the damaged cotton results in a scratchy fabric and a low-end product. Handpicked cotton ensures the thread stays pure and will result in softer and more durable cotton.
Different varieties of cotton also have other properties. High-quality cotton such as Egyptian cotton and Pima cotton has long fibres what result in more durable products.
Which cottons are the best cotton in the world?
Cotton is not just cotton. There are significant differences in characters and quality, which you may have experienced
when sleeping under a pure Egyptian cotton sheet. Not only the long staples are crucial to ensure luxurious and super comfy baby clothes for your little one, but the environment and climate the cotton grow will also influence how the plant thrives and the abilities to produce high-quality cotton. The following cotton is considered the best of the best worldwide and is all (LSC) long-staple cotton suitable to make high-quality, durable products.
- Sea island cotton claims to be the finest and most expensive cotton in the world. It is sporadic as only 0.0004% of cotton supply is coming from Sea island, so you can only imagine this cotton is a ted expensive. The science name for Sea island cotton is Gossypium barbadense. The cotton plant has extreme long fibres what makes this variety of cotton a perfect much to create high-quality products. Fibres are longer than 34 Millimetres.
- Egyptian cotton-Most search result will give you the results that Egyptian cotton is the best cotton in the world. Egyptian cotton is Long-staple cotton too. The staples are between 38 and 44 Milimeteres long and suppose to have slightly longer fibres than the other two. The Egyptian cotton also comes from the Gossypium Barbadense species. The cotton grows in Egypt along the Nile River, where the climate is hot and dry, which are optimal environmental conditions to grow cotton. The growing environment of the cotton is crucial, and the cotton thrives in the perfect growing conditions which result in super soft and durable cotton. (Please note that not all cotton labelled Egyptian cotton is high-quality long-staple cotton so please research the quality to ensure the quality you are purchasing)
- Pima cotton– Pima was a generic name used for long-staple cotton and originally called American Egyptian cotton but was renamed to honour the Pima Indians who were growing the cotton. Pima cotton is long-staple cotton and also comes from the Gossypium Barbadense species like the other two. The staples of Prima cotton are above 35 Millimeters, while the most commonly used cotton is around 25 millimetres. The fibres of the Egyptian cotton suppose to be slightly longer. Just like the other cotton, Pima cotton is top end cotton with excellent characters as it is wrinkle-free and it doesn’t fade or pill. Pima cotton is ideal for dyeing in the brightest colours as it is exceptionally absorbent.
‘Did you know that Pima Cotton is Hypoallergenic and is suitable for sensitive skin?’
Other benefits of using top-end cotton
So what are other benefits of choosing for baby clothes made from top-end cotton such as Pima? Well, I am glad you ask, and I love to fill you in here. Baby clothes made from a high quality are much more durable than garments made from the compulsives cotton upland.
‘Fast fashion’ items are not made to last but more designed as ‘disposable clothes’. The goal is to get you back in the shop as fast as possible to purchase the latest fashion for a few bucks again. Buying premium baby clothes will last for a sibling as the garments are durable.
What if a sibling will not use them?
Used baby clothes trends
Babies’ only where their baby clothes a handful of times as they grow so very quickly, especially the first few months. When you don’t have siblings to past the used high-quality baby clothes onto, you have great opportunities to sell your preloved baby items online these days. Purchasing and selling second-hand baby clothes is quite a popular trend now.
There a quite a few innovative businesses now selling high-quality preloved clothing bundles, and if you wish you can sell it back after you have finished using it. You can even choose to rent high-quality baby clothes per month if you like. Also, there are businesses where you can sell your boutique baby clothes too, as long as it is in an ‘as good as new condition’. There are plenty of Facebook groups also, where used boutique baby clothes get sold.
Final thoughts about luxurious cotton boutique baby clothes?
Boutique baby clothes may be a bit more pricey than regular baby clothes, but in the long run, there are a lot of benefits to choosing high-quality baby clothes. Do you like me to remind you about the benefits of top-end super-soft cotton boutique baby clothes such as Pima cotton baby clothes? Ok, no problem let me put the benefits in a little overview for you.
- Super soft for babies’
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Extremely comfortable to wear
- Super durable
- Don’t wrinkle
- Don’t pill
- Don’t fade
- Dye into perfect bright colours
- Extremely absorbent
- Suitable to pass on to siblings
- Suitable to sell as preloved item after use.
Boutique baby clothes made from Pima cotton will provide your baby with super comfortable garments made to last. Top-quality products like these are perfect to use for siblings or to use as a preloved item. Pima cotton baby clothes are luxurious to touch and makes an ideal match for babies’ sensitive skin.
If you like to check out Luxurious Pima Cotton baby clothes, you can enjoy 10% of your first order here.
If you have any feedback about boutique baby clothes or Pima cotton, please them below. Did you buy Pima cotton products before and dit you experiences how luxurious they are?
Hi there, my name is Jude,
Welcome to justcutebabyclothes.com, I am so happy to meet you here. I live with my husband and our two young daughters, our best life in Tropical North Queensland.
I am the founder and owner of justcutebabyclothes.com and feel very passionate about what we do. After my second daughter was born, I felt inspired to start a new journey and that resulted in this website that was born in December 2019. My website is all about cute baby clothes and clothing-related items but in my blog, you can also find other baby products and topics I feel passionate about.
There is an broad variety of baby clothes on this site, however, you will find a lot of the articles are related to organic and sustainable products as I feel passionate about this. If you would like to read a bit more about me you can click here.
If you have any suggestion or feedback for justcutebabyclothes.com, we love to hear from you.
Thank you for visiting justcutebabyclothes.com and I hope to speak to you soon.